I Won't Lose My Summer Color

I mentioned earlier that you'll probably end up reading about anything and everything around here, so I guess I'm staying true to my word with this post. 

I should start by saying that I do not consider myself a beauty or make up expert whatsoever.  In fact, I'm probably far from it. I once spent 15 minutes stuck in my car in sheer panic before I went to a job interview because of how bad my foundation lines were showing.  Damn that car mirror and that natural light. I do, however, love trying new products just like the majority of girls out there and I can pass away an hour in a beauty aisle better than anyone. And if it helps, I've gotten better at making my face and neck look like they now belong to the same person.

With that said, over the past couple of years I've constantly been searching for that great self tanner. Between Newfoundland's unpredictable weather and trying to limit my sun exposure, I always feel like I need to add some color to my usually pale face.  The majority of times I've bought self tanners without getting any help from a consultant or without reading anything about them and these impulse buys have usually left me disappointed. I guess the basket under my sink that's chalked full with unused bottles can back me up.

At the beginning of the summer I stumbled across Vivianna's post about one of the best self tanners she's ever used, Clarin's Liquid Bronze Face Tanner.  I immediately ran out after work to buy it and lemme tell you, this girl was dead on! I'm so glad I took her word for it and tried it because I can honestly say it's hands down my favourite too.




My favourite thing is its easy application.  I apply it with my fingers because when I use a cotton pad I end up using a lot more.  I rub it over my face at night just like I do with my moisturizer, but I never worry about it leaving streaks.  Super, super convenient.  It also dries really quick and it feels so light on your face.  I wake up in the morning with a nice subtle colour and my makeup always looks so much nicer.  Since I've started using this tanner, not once has anyone said to me, "you look darker today".  And let's face it, no one wants to look like they've changed ethnicities in less than twenty four hours.  Pair all of this with its non-tanner smell, and you've got yourself an amazing product.

Oh, and just another tip, I do apply this to both my face and neck because like I said earlier, I've come along way in the past few years!

I'm half way through my bottle and I know I'll be buying another one before this one runs out.  Just because summer is almost over doesn't mean I have to lose my summer colour.

What products do you like to use to give you that nice summer glow?