The Closest To Being In A Magazine/ Five on Friday

Ohhhh Friday, we meet again!

Despite having to work the Thanksgiving holiday and not having a short work week, this week just flew by. I seriously can't believe it's Friday, and guess what? I don't mind it at all!

Here are some things that stood out to me this week:
 
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
ONE//
Have you ever bought a piece of clothing and then happen to see the exact same thing you picked out featured somewhere after? Now I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would cringe at this because they want their style to be different and unique, but not me. I love knowing that I'm not going too far off the fashion beaten path, because I can guarantee you that it wouldn't be very pretty if I happened to stray.

Remember that sweater I bought from Old Navy about a month ago?

Well a couple of days ago Todd was reading flipping through my People Style Watch Magazine (yeah, so there's a pretty good chance that I'm going to be single after he reads that) and he pointed this out to me:

Then a couple of days ago I finally broke out this sweater that I had bought at Banana Republic when we went to Halifax at the end of summer (there was a 40% off sale and I immediately flocked to this sweater).
Debating collar or no collar!
And guess who happens to have the same sweater? The very fashionable Veronika posted this outfit Wednesday night:


TWO//
I finally got my lip waxed a few days ago because it desperately needed to be done. You know it's time when you happen to look down at your lips while you're eating and all you can see is hair staring back at you. And Todd wasn't afraid to tell me that my mustache looked worse than his (thanks for that, by the way). 

It was funny, though, because I went into my appointment and the lady who I had never had before started brushing out my eyebrows. I said, "nope, it's just the lip" and she looked at me and said, "oh they need to be done". And before I knew it she was trimming my eyebrows.  So, apparently I needed my eyebrows done too (thankfully for no charge).

THREE//
We booked our flights to go to Toronto in December so we can spend Christmas with my family. My sister is having baby number two and there was no way that I was missing that. We usually celebrate Christmas back home here in Newfoundland but I'm really looking forward to doing something different this year.  And plus I am just too freaking excited to meet my new nephew or niece!

FOUR//
I signed up for the Bigs/Littles Network and I wanted to introduce you to my big partner, Jessica.  You need to check out her photos like right now.


FIVE//
Wednesday was mine and Todd's anniversary and since I didn't have any clue what I could get him, I figured I would buy a bunch of his favourite things. After finding the idea on pinterest (surprise), I decided to put the items in a beer box and he loved it, and it also made me feel a little creative, which doesn't happen too often.

Todd always steals (and then loses) my nail clippers and lip glosses so you could be sure those two items were being added.
 
Before I go, I wanted to share this video with you that I saw on YouTube this week that really struck me.  It might help if you're looking for some extra motivation over the weekend, for whatever reason it is that you may need it for.



Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!



post signature

12 comments

  1. I clearly need to start taking fashion tips from you because you're starting fashion trends before they're officially "cool"!

    Yay for coming to Toronto! I love my city! A huge aquarium just opened here (which I'm dying to see). I totally suggest checking it out. :)

    I love your anniversary gift! That's such a cute idea! I might have to steal it. I hope the 649 ticket was a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you've got good style! I never see the stuff I pick in magazines... or on fashion blogs for that matter. Ha ha!
    Sounds like it's going to be the best Christmas ever! How fun!
    That is the cutest anniversary gift! I need to remember this idea for our next anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha "they need to be done" well at least she's honest?! I hate getting my eyebrows done, I still tear up. No pain tolerance at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha whenever I got my nails done at a certain place, they would always ask me if I was going to get my eyebrows waxed. When I would say, "no." They would look at me like I was crazy.

    LOVE the giraffe sweater btw!

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute gift idea! And omg love the giraffe sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you getting all famous and stuff!! Don't forget about us when you do! ;) Your "mustache" story seriously I die...this is why I wax my own at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. following along now thanks to the linkup...yay!! :)

    1. your ombre hair is perfect
    2. helloooo fashionista rockin' the famous purchases before they were famous! ;)
    3. beer gift box?! never seen it before just now and LOVE IT. perfect for the hubs!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I've only ever seen like one thing I've ever purchased in a magazine haha! You are such a little trend setter.

    YAY for coming to Toronto!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO WAY. I just bought that little dog sweater while I was in Toronto! That is hilarious! I also bought the one with an owl on it, but they were out of my size. So what do I do? I buy the children's version, because I'm that much of a weirdo and can fit into children's clothing (how does that happen? lol!).
    also, you're a sweetheart - thanks for sharing my little piece of the web :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! found you on the linkup, and glad I did!

    LOVE the beer box gift idea! (my husband's fav beer is actually Coors Light).. he'd get a kick outta somethin like that :)

    Molly
    sundropsandrainflowers.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to you!!! Wow, nine years... that's so awesome! And what a creative idea - just a bunch of things that he uses all the time. Very cool. :)

    I am incredibly impressed by your fashion sense. You are almost famous! I've been seeing animal print type sweaters like that and I've been a little unsure... I guess no more! I'm always behind so it's about time I get caught up. :)

    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. look at you little fashionista!!! Pretty sure I would never see anything I purchase in a magazine. My style is plain and simple hahah

    so sweet that you will be there for the birth of your niece or nephew :) that will be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete