Friday Five

Well friends, we made it to Friday once again! Is it just me or did this week crawl by at a snails pace? Even though this week has felt long, this month has certainly flown by! I can't believe tomorrow is April 1st!! 


ONE
I mentioned in this post that I recently had a consultation at the Landells Clinic and IPL treatments (Intense Pulsed Light) were recommended. These treatments are supposed to improve sun spots, brown pigmentation, redness and blood vessels, all of which I have! Well, I had my first session this morning. It was my first time ever getting IPL done, so I didn't really know what to expect, but I had a great experience. 


This picture was taken right before the treatment started.
The lighting in the room was good, so my redness and pigmentation looks better than usual
(as we all know, lighting makes all the difference in the world!!).

From start to finish the session only took about a half hour. It's a little hard to describe what it feels like, but it's almost like a hot small rubber band hitting your face!!! (I said it was hard to explain!). It didn't hurt, but it wasn't overly comfortable either. I even jumped a little throughout the procedure, especially when the light was close to my nose.

After the treatment was done, there was only minimal redness (I went back to work after), but my face felt like it was stinging a little for about a half hour after. I was told I'll need anywhere from two to five sessions, but I'm excited to hopefully see some results. 


TWO
I purchased this scalp brush and have used it twice so far. For only $14 for two, I figured it was worth giving it a try, especially since I've heard so many great things on this little item!  The two pack was a better deal, and this way I figured I'd have one in the shower for when I shampoo my hair, and the second one to use for any oils or masks I use before getting in the shower. It feels great on your scalp and it makes me feel like I'm cleaning my hair really good, whether or not it actually does. I did expect it to work more like a brush though, but unfortunately when my hair is wet, it doesn't detangle my hair really good. I do like it a lot though, and will continue to use with every hair wash!




THREE
Another thing I've bought and tried recently is
this electronic foot file. You guys, my feet have never felt and looked better! I'm confident when I say I've tried every foot scraper out there, but this one is on a different level. If you have really dry feet like mine, go get this. Trust me, you and your feet will thank me!

FOUR
Todd and I started using the Athletic Greens this week. It's a little too early right now to say much about it other than the taste isn't too bad (it's not wonderful or anything, but other greens I've tried have tasted worse), and I'm hoping it's worth the cost because it was more than I've ever paid for greens before. 



FIVE
We recently started watching Daisy Jones and The Six after my sister recommended it. We just finished episode five and we're completely hooked (truthfully, I was hooked after episode two). Add it to your list of shows to watch or books to read. Even if it is a little backwards, I may even read the book once I'm finished watching the series. Tell me, what shows are you loving right now?

Happy weekend, everyone!

Until next time.

0 comments