What's Been Going On This Week

Happy Friday (the 13th?)! I realized last night that I haven't stopped in here once over this past week, so today I wanted to try and change that. In all honesty, I've been feeling like I don't have a whole lot to say lately, which is really strange for me because I like to talk....a lot! I think it has more to do with me not even trying to think of something to write about because, as everyone knows with blogging, thinking of what to write is a million times harder than the actual writing itself. So, since I accidentally, okay purposely, shut my brain off over these last few days, here's a look at what's been going on this week.


 
// I've been wondering why I don't buy myself fresh flowers more often. Sure, they're a bit on the pricey side for something that doesn't last very long (especially around this flower killer), but they've been an instant mood booster every time I've walked into my house this week. So, if buying fifteen dollar flowers at the grocery store is what it takes, sign me up more often!

// I managed to embarrass myself at work when I sent a 'good morning' message over our offices communicator (think like MSN Messanger) to my boss instead of to the person it was actually supposed to go to; Todd. It may or may not have had the word lovebug in there with some other words and lots of exclamation marks. That was a really fun way to get the day started.

// I mentioned last week that I was going to start round brushing my hair and, so far, my attempts have all been failures. I keep leaving my house thinking that it doesn't look so bad, until I happen to catch a glimpse of my afro myself in the car mirror. I really should know better than to experiment with my hair in the mornings when I barely have enough time to get dressed.

// I have been consumed this week by all things decorating related. I had been wanting to make some changes in our bedroom for a while now and I'm happy to say that I put the final touches on the room last night and it is now complete. As if getting up in time for work wasn't bad before, I decided to add the softest  sheets into the mix. Now we really got a problem.

// Speaking of decorating, recently I've been experiencing a major itch to get a new blog design so, who knows, maybe we could be seeing something really, really soon! ;)

// I've also been consumed this week with more episodes of How I Met Your Mother. It never fails, every night, around 9:30, I'm sat in front of the tv just waiting to see if this will be the episode where we actually find out who the mother is. I know that's the whole concept of the show, but I'm getting anxious now. So so so addicted to this show because it really is, insert show-related quote, legen....wait for it....dary! I've been blaming this for my lack of blogging and the sad/great news is that I still have a few more seasons to go. I'm hoping I can try and make it back here before the series finale! :)
 
What are your plans for this weekend?  I'm trying a new restaurant with some friends tonight and I think tomorrow me and my mom are going to watch The Fault In Our Stars. Have you seen the movie? Read the book?
 
  
post signature

9 comments

  1. I wish I could convince myself to spend that much on fresh flowers, but I just can't. They die so quickly with me too :( I like the plants that last a long time!

    I may have lol'd at your good morning message story. Hopefully your boss found it funny too and wasn't weirded out by it!

    Oh HIMYM. I will talk to you about it when you're finally done watching it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh man I would have been so embarrassed too! Oh well! And agreed fresh flowers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also so concerned about sending a message to the wrong person. Hopefully your boss was cool with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking about how I wish I had fresh flowers around more often! Except, as if they weren't expensive enough already, I don't know how to arrange them in a vase so I have to buy the ones that come already arranged :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always leave the house thinking my hair looks good, and then I get to work and look in the bathroom mirror, and ask myself what the hell I electrocuted myself with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't get into HIMYM. I don't know what my problem is. So many people love it! Oh well. Glad you're liking it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the fresh flowers! But I so do not have a green thumb - I always forget to give them more water!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would redesign my blog every week if I could afford it. Every time someone gets a new design I start thinking of new ideas for mine - but I LOVE my current design so I will hopefully be able to control my urges

    I'm so excited your getting into HIMYM. It's hands down my absolute favourite show EVER. Can't wait to hear what you think about the end when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got REALLY into HIMYM a few months ago and watched the first one or two seasons all in a row and then I just stopped for some reason-- I'm not sure why because it's such an easy one to just flick on!

    I'm with you on fresh flowers! We have a hydrangea bush in our back yard and I'm hoping it blooms soon so I can cut some for inside!

    What did your boss respond to your message? LOL. Did they think it was funny orrr not so much?

    ReplyDelete