A November Christmas Party

Saturday night was my work Christmas party.
If you're following me on Instagram, I apologize to you for having to look at the majority of these photos again.  I went a little insta-crazy Saturday night and I ended up posting more pictures in one night then I think I have in the last two months combined.  I blame the champagne. And the beer. And definitely the tequila. Stomach quiver.
Hey, you!  Yeah, you in the middle. Open up those eyes!

If there's one thing that my work knows how to do, it's how to throw an amazing party, because lemme tell you, they always go all out. They provided free hotel rooms for out of town guests, free cab rides to and from the location, free drinks, an awesome meal, a live band, and even a photo booth. How could you not have a great time? 

What's really great about my Christmas party though, is that it's just not my party, but Todd's too. We work for the same company, although I work in the office here in the city and Todd works out on the main site about an hour away, so there's never any of that usual awkwardness that comes along with work events.  I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, right?  Dragging your significant other to your work function, introducing them to a ton of people (who they'll end up never remembering any names), not wanting to leave them by themselves, and then hoping that they don't feel totally out of place so that you both can have a great time. Yeah, me no likey.

But, luckily we never have to worry about any of that because, just like last night, there's always lots of mingling; both together and separate, which is just the way I like it.  Is this where I would include "that's what she said"?

The highlights of my night were: winning a $100 gift card to Canadian Tire (helloooo Christmas shopping), doing shots with my boss, busting out the fastest dance moves to the slowest song possible with Todd's friend, and watching the positive correlation of photo booth participation with lineups at the bar.  You should have seen the stack of polaroids I hauled out of my purse this morning.

Needless to say, it was a fun night.  And fun nights almost always result in lazy next days. It's about two o'clock here now on Sunday and I'm trying to write this while I'm in my bed, cuddled up with extra layers and a fifty pound dog who's snoring like crazy.  My eyelids are getting heavy and my thoughts are drifting off, so I better say goodnight goodbye while I have the chance.

Ps:  I know it's early but, after last night, I'm now completely in the Christmas mood. Bring on more festivities!